Monday, June 15, 2009

The VARF, Part I

Yesterday, Noam accompanied me to the Virginia Renaissance Festival. I made a special Gnome Bag for him that he can sleep in and ride around in. In this way, he rode around with me to see the faire.

The adventure started with the long, more-than-an-hour car ride to the site of the festival. Noam got a little bored because he wasn't tall enough to sit securely in his seat and look out. He needed to be buckled in, though. Safety first!



Safe and Secure!

One of our first stops was the wonderful kettle corn makers. I'm not a big fan of kettle corn, really. I can take it in small handfuls only. Thankfully, they were giving out free samples that were just handfuls! Unbeknownst to me, Noam got his little gnomey mitts on a nice, warm kernel of corn.


Yum!

After our snack, we went to visit my dad, who works at the faire. We followed him to a little show then wandered around some more.

On our way about, we found a shop that had a ton of Gnomes! They were all so cute, Noam just had to spend some time with them. It was like a Gnome reunion.

Hi, everyone!

Noam's new friends even invited him inside their mushroom house. It looks so cozy in there! And I bet it was nice to get out of the sun!

I'll make some tea!

The VARF is on the grounds of the Lake Anna Winery. They had a little booth at the faire were we could sample and purchase some of their tasty wines. Noam had to be careful about how much he drank. He's just a little Gnome!

I liked the cider best!

Noam might have had a little too much to drink, because I found him having a grand time with this fellow. He was a trumpet fairy, come to the faire for Midsummer week eve. Noam told many Gnomish stories, and the trumpet fairy had a lot to trumpet back to him.

My friend!

That's all for now. There were just too many pictures for one little Gnome to put in one little blog post! The adventure continues tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment