Thursday, February 18, 2010

Sneak Peek

I have been searching for something that I can make a little faster than my regular Gnomes, so that I can offer something at a lower price-point. Gnomes for Kids come close, as they do work up in about half the time of my collectible Gnomes, but still, I want something quicker.

I've been dabbling in needled felting. I've made sheep and mushrooms and baskets and grapes. I've made tiny tiny things to fit in tiny terrariums. So, the other day, I took note of the time, and set out to needle-felt a Gnome.



Success! These guys took just about an hour a piece, and I think I can cut that back more as I go. They work up quick and, if I do say so myself, incredibly cute!



Here they are, showing with another sneak peak that is about the size of my regular Gnomes. I'm not ready to tell you about this new line, yet!


And here they are again, in the picture with a US quarter dollar. They're somewhere in the ballpark of an inch and a half to two inches tall. I'm working on the pattern now, and hope to offer Gneedled Gnomes soon!

2 comments: